Why this privacy statement
Ceusters attaches great importance to protecting your privacy and personal data. We use your personal data exclusively in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant prevailing legal regulations. Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act means a reference to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
With this Privacy Statement, Ceusters wishes to draw your attention to any processing operations relating to these data and to your rights. By using our platform/website/application, you explicitly grant your consent to any processing actions taken by Ceusters.
This Privacy Statement may be subject to amendments and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document regularly. Any substantial change will always be clearly communicated on the Ceusters platform.
Who processes the personal data?
The website https://ceusters.be is an initiative of:
Uitbreidingstraat 72 bus 2
VAT number: BE 0404 697 064
Phone: +32 3 231 88 76
What personal data are processed?
Ceusters undertakes to only process data that is relevant and necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. The following categories of personal data can be processed by Ceusters:
- Identification data
For what purposes are my personal data used?
Ceusters collects personal data to offer you a safe, optimal, and personal user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as you intensify your use of the website and our online services.
Data processing is essential for the functioning of the website and its services. The processing occurs solely for the following well-defined purposes:
- Providing you with access to your user profile.
- Offering and improving a general and personalised service; including billing purposes, offering information, newsletters, and offers that are useful and/or necessary for you, obtaining and processing user ratings and providing support.
- Offering and improving the products provided; personalised and specific products based on the information and data provided.
- Detection of and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal behaviour.
- Marketing purposes
When visiting the Ceusters website, some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimise the use of our website. This data includes: IP address, probable location of consultation, time and day of consultation, and which pages were visited. When you visit the Ceusters website, you agree to this collection of data for statistical purposes as described above.
The User always provides Ceusters with personal data and can thus exercise a certain degree of control. If certain data is incomplete or apparently incorrect, Ceusters reserves the right to postpone specific expected actions temporarily or permanently.
Personal data is only processed for internal use within Ceusters.
So, we can reassure you that personal data is not sold, passed on, or communicated to third parties connected to us. Ceusters has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorised access and use.
During a visit to our website, ‘cookies’ can be placed on your hard drive to better tune the website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimise your visit to the platform and to remember technical choices.
If you wish to consult the Ceusters website, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. You can read how to disable cookies in our Cookie Statement.
What are my rights?
Guarantee on the lawful and safe processing of personal data
Ceusters always processes your personal data fairly and lawfully. This includes the following guarantees:
- Personal data is only processed in accordance with the described and legitimate purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal data is only processed insofar as this is sufficient, relevant, and not excessive.
- Personal data is only kept as long as this is necessary for the realisation of the described and legitimate purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures have been taken to reduce the risks of unauthorised access to or processing of the personal data to a minimum. In the event its IT systems are hacked, Ceusters will immediately take all possible measures to limit the damage to a minimum.
Right of inspection/rectification/deletion of your personal data
When there is proof of your identity as a User, you have the right to obtain a decision from Ceusters as to whether or not your personal data is being processed. When Ceusters processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the personal data collected. If you wish to exercise your right of inspection, Ceusters will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected. It is up to the User to correct inaccuracies and omissions in the first place. You can exercise your right to correction by providing Ceusters with an additional statement. Ceusters will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the additional statement.
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were originally collected;
- When the personal data has been collected based on consent and no other legal basis for the processing exists;
- When an objection to the processing is made and there are no overriding mandatory legitimate grounds for the processing;
- When the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- When the personal data must be deleted in accordance with a statutory obligation.
Ceusters assesses the presence of one of the aforementioned cases.
Right to restrict/object to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a restriction of the processing of your personal data:
- During the period necessary for Ceusters to verify the correctness of the personal data, in the event of a dispute;
- If the data processing is unlawful and the User requests the restriction of the processing instead of the deletion of the personal data;
- When Ceusters no longer needs the personal data of the User for the processing purposes and the User needs the personal data for a legal claim;
- During the period required by Ceusters to assess the presence of grounds for deletion of personal data.
In addition, the user has the right to object at any time to the processing of his personal data. Ceusters then ceases the processing of your personal data, unless Ceusters can provide compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data that outweigh the User’s right to object.
If the User wishes to exercise these rights, Ceusters will do so within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made via registered mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to data portability
The User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to Ceusters in a structured, usable, and machine-readable form. In addition, the User has the right to transfer this personal data to another controller when the processing of the personal data is solely based on the User’s consent.
If the User wishes to exercise this right, Ceusters will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made via registered mail or email to email@example.com.
Right to withdraw my consent/right to lodge a complaint
The user has the right to withdraw their consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal.óó In addition, the User has the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of his personal data by Ceusters with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
When the User wishes to exercise this right, Ceusters will do so within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.